Friday, April 22, 2011

A Letter to Mr. Plan

Dear Plan,

This letter is in regards to your performance as of late. I employed you with the simple task to direct my life, but instead you left me alone at the mercy of other peoples' agency. Why didn't you step in and stop it? Couldn't you have used your authoritative power to put the others in their places? Haven't they all been assigned by you to their corresponding positions? What am I paying you for?

I invested in you and your future because you promised me a different life than the one I now find I have. You were so convincing! Your presentation lacked neither graphs nor stats. How is it with all your research that you were so easily mislead?

I am not mad at you...entirely. I am mad at myself for trusting you. I used to be a sensible person, adaptable to whatever situation came to me. Then you came in with all your talk about 'preparedness'. "Prepare for the change and you will never have to change," you always said. Is that what i am supposed to do? Sit and wait for the outcome you promised?

I regret to inform you, Plan, that I no longer need your services. You did not deliver on your promises, so I am forced to seek out someone else who can. I have spent to many resources and time invested in your promised potential only to find myself depleted.

I wish you luck in your future endeavors.

Sincerely,

Ryan White

1 comment:

  1. I just logged in to my blog because I think maybe I'll start writing again this summer. I like the professional way you dealt with letting your plan go. Sometimes it's for the best. I'm curious though what specifically prompted you to write such a post? keep me posted if you so desire.

    ReplyDelete